How to Register Your Hotel on Booking.com in 7 easy steps
In the following blog, we will explain in 7 easy steps how to register my hotel with Booking.com quickly and easily from scratch. Believe it or not, this is one of the most frequently asked questions that you can find within the hotel industry. Precisely because in LobbyPMS we have a direct connection with Booking.com, we decided to create this step by step that will surely be useful for anyone.
❓ Information that must be ready before affiliating my hotel to Booking.com
To make setup quick and seamless, we’ve created a list of the information, documents, and files that you should have on hand to start setup on Booking.com:
- The name that your accommodation is going to have.
- An email where you will receive the reservations and communications from the channel.
- Have defined the types of rooms that you will have available and the amount of them, as well as the types of beds that you will have in each of the rooms.
- The information about the size of the rooms in square meters.
- Establish whether or not breakfast will be offered, the languages in which it serves and what is the the type of food
- Know if you have services such as: Wifi, 24-hour reception, swimming pool, among others.
- Check in and check out times
- Define if you are going to receive children and pets. Do not forget to take into account the additional prices that apply in these cases.
- You need to have at least 4 photos for each type of room and 2 photos of the bathroom for each of them. In total there are 6 photos per room.
- You will need the RUT and be clear about the type of regimen you are (simple or common regimen).
- Likewise, you need to know the legal company name to which it is going to be billed. If in the future you want to modify it, you can do it without problem. In any case, do not forget that this process takes approximately 1 month.
🔠 Step by step to affiliate my hotel to Booking
1. The first thing you should do is go to the public page of Booking.com https://www.booking.com/ and click on “Register your accommodation”.
2. Then you must click on “Start” to create a new accommodation.
3. Now, to create an account on Booking.com, it will be necessary to use the official email of the accommodation. We recommend that you preferably create the account with the email of the manager or the person who will be in charge of the accommodation in the OTAs (Online Travel Agencies).
4. Then enter the contact person details and create an alphanumeric password. In case of making a mistake, you can rest assured, as this data can be edited later without problem.
5. In the next step it will be necessary to choose the type of accommodation to which you belong. Review these categories very well, because the success of the correct classification of your property guarantees that in the future your clients will find you easily:
- Houses (houses, chalets, cabins, and villas).
- Hotel, B&B (small hotels are generally B & Bs and large or chain hotels select hotel, hostels, guesthouses, hostels and aparthotels also apply in this category).
- Others (Unique Accommodations).
6. Next, if the hotel, hostel or bed and breakfast option is chosen, Booking will ask you if it is a single accommodation or if, on the other way, you will manage several accommodations with this same user.
7. To finalize the initial registration of the affiliation to Booking, the platform will present you in a horizontal bar all the modules that must be completed:
- General Information: Contact information, address, and name of the accommodation.
- Distribution and Prices: Here you must enter the room categories that the accommodation has, for example, Double Room – Triple Room – Quadruple Room, etc. You must also enter a value for each of the categories. We recommend that you leave a security price of 999,999 to register and then you can add the corresponding price.
- Facilities and services: Booking presents a list of accommodation services and amenities options. The idea is that you choose the options that best correspond to your accommodation, not to the room services.
- Services: This module refers to room services. For example, if the room has a bathtub or shower, if they have Wi-Fi, a balcony, among others.
- Photos: Booking requests at least 6 photos for each room category, 4 photos of the room plus 2 photos of the bathroom. Also request photos of the facade and common areas of the accommodation. During this first registration of information it is not necessary to enter them all, but it is important to have them ready before publishing the accommodation on the platform. For you to take into account, the measurements of these photos must have a minimum resolution of 1280 x 900 pixels.
- Conditions: The platform will present options of the conditions of the rates. Choose the ones that adapt correctly to your conditions:
✅ Full Flexible: The client can cancel at any time or modify the reservation without any penalty.
✅ Flexible: It allows cancellation or modification of the reservation, but the client must pay the value of the first night if he cancels (24H – 48H – 72H) before the Check In date. The hours are modifiable according to the accommodation policies.
✅ No Reembolsable: Cancellations or modifications of the reservation are not allowed. If they cancel they must pay 100% of the reservation.
- Payments: You will be asked for the fiscal data of the company so that Booking generates the invoices and monthly payments.
🏁 Latest details of the account settings on Booking.com
Do not forget that you must request the remote payment option from your trusted bank. This will allow you to charge for reservations when guests leave their card details on the platforms. If you don’t have it yet, no problem, you can start the configuration process under the in-person payment method. This means that initially, people will pay when they arrive at the establishment and then they will pay the corresponding commissions to the channel.
With all the steps carried out correctly on the platform, it is certain that you will be able to have your accommodation listed on Booking.com.
Finally, don’t forget that all the information you enter is editable at any time!