How to Publish Your Hotel on Tripadvisor and Trivago in 10 Easy Steps
Tripadvisor is one of the best-known platforms in the world referring to travel issues, so if you belong to the world of hotels, having a presence on this platform is of great importance. For this reason, at LobbyPMS we will teach you how to publish your hotel on Tripadvisor and Trivago. Below we will show you the step by step on how to create the lodgement profile from 0 on the TripAdvisor and Trivago metasearch engines. Just as a reminder, like everything we do, these are quick and easy steps.
1. The first thing you should do is go to the TripAdvisor public page: https://www.tripadvisor.co/. Once there, go to the bottom of the web page and click on “add a place”.
2. A new page will appear where TripAdvisor will ask you about “what kind of place” you want to publish on the page. Select the one that best suits you and then click on “continue”.
3. A series of questions will be displayed for the creation of the profile. Complete this information according to the current situation of your accommodation (you will see an example below). After that click on “continue”.
4. Now the channel will request information about the accommodation: Name, Location, Description, Contact information, Web page domain (optional).
5. To continue with the registration and publish your hotel on Tripadvisor, the platform will display a form with questions related to the type of accommodation. Complete all the questions with the information that best suits your establishment. To complete the form, keep in mind the following recommendations:
- “Bed and breakfast” is used for small hotels.
- “Hostel” is for accommodation with shared rooms
- “Vacation Villa” refers to open locations available seasonally.
- The channel suggests an average price, thus when the guest searches by price range, your hotel can appear in these filters. This part is optional, but we recommend using it so that your hotel has greater visibility.
- What we selected in the pictures is just an example.
6. Upon completing the information and clicking continue, a pop up will appear to log in. The session can be started with Google, Facebook, or email. We recommend logging in with Google or with email if it is Outlook, Yahoo!, or Hotmail.
7. The channel will show you a summary of the accommodation you just created. Please confirm that all the details are correct. If not, the platform will give you the option to return to the editor to correct any errors. On the other hand, if the data is correct, continue with the process. In the end, you will see a pop-up with the options to create a new establishment or continue exploring the metasearch engine.
8. After waiting 24 hours for your hotel to be confirmed on Tripadvisor, you must enter the platform again to finish the configuration. At this point, you must go to https://www.tripadvisor.es/Owners, and look for the accommodation you created previously.
9. TripAdvisor handles two types of plans: Basic and Plus. Of course, the Plus plan has greater benefits, however, we recommend that you start with the Basic plan while you know all the features and options you have when publishing your hotel on TripAdvisor.
Keep in mind that to access either of the two plans, the channel will request identity verification through a phone call or text message.
10. Once your profile is active, you will be able to access all the functions of the TripAdvisor extranet. We recommend that you explore each of these options so that you can get the most out of this tool. Here you can do things like:
- Add pictures
- Add services
- Change descriptions
- Answer clients’ opinions
- Have an ad performance report.
- Among others
For your information, in the process of how to publish your hotel on Tripadvisor keep the following points in mind:
In the world of hospitality, it is common to offer our accommodation on different platforms. To manage them all easily and correctly, there are companies like LobbyPMS and its Channel manager. They greatly facilitate this work. However, users also need tools that allow them to know all the offer that exists on the web to make the best decision. Hence, we have metasearch engines like Trivago, which compare prices and give our clients the best option.
Here’s how to set up Trivago for the benefit of you and your customers:
1. The first thing you should do is go to https://studio.trivago.com/home/getstarted. There you will click on “Start now”.
2. The platform will ask you to register with a Gmail, Facebook, Email, or Apple account. It will also request the registration of the person in charge of the accommodation. Fill in all these details to continue with the process.
3. It is key that you know that to create the accommodation in Trivago, you must already have the accommodation created in at least 1 OTA or website. This happens because Trivago takes the information from these channels to create the profile, compare prices, and show them to the end customer.
Trivago will ask you to consult the establishment in the search engine. This will happen in order to know if the accommodation you intend to create is already assigned to an account or if, on the contrary, you will be able to continue managing the ad in the channel you are creating in a normal way. In the following image we leave you a demo of what we just mentioned looks like:
4. After assigning the accommodation to your account, you will be able to access all Trivago modules. As in Tripadvisor, do not forget to review each part of the platform and manage your profile in the best way so that you can get the most out of it.
🏁 Finally, some notes during the process of publishing your hotel on Tripadvisor and Trivago.
With this information already registered on the platform, you can have your accommodation listed on TripAdvisor and Trivago. It is important that you remember that all the information you enter is editable.
In case you require more information prior to the creation of the accounts, we have created this list of tasks with the data that you should have on hand to start the configuration:
- Have ready the name that your establishment is going to have.
- Have a defined email for it. In this, you will receive the opinions of the clients and communications of the channel.
- Establish whether or not you are going to offer breakfast. The languages that the person at the establishment will speak. Know if Wi-Fi, 24-hour reception, swimming pool, among others will be offered.
- Have defined check-in and check-out times
- Have several photos of the establishment of all possible spaces. This will improve the customer experience and make you more attractive when the customer us deciding what will be their option.